There are five things to do after you sell your your Woodbridge Virginia house.
1. Retain all of the paperwork associated with the sale of the house. You may scan it into your computer, then copy it to a CD, then store the CD in your safe deposit box at the bank. Keep the paper copies through at least one tax year so your CPA can take advantage of any tax deductions owed to you.
2. File a change of address with the post office. This may sound like a no-brainer, but you'd be surprised to find out how many really smart people forget this step, and their mail continues going to the house they just sold.
3. Call the utilities and verify that the new owners of your house did, in fact, change put the billing information in their name. In Woodbridge Virginia, it's normal for the buyers to transfer the account to their name. Sometimes they forget to do so. If any of the utilities are still in your name, cancel them; Let the utility notify the new owners that they need to act fast to keep service uninterupted.
4. Ask your attorney and/or CPA about the tax laws associated with the sale of your house. You can celebrate if your sale will garner a fatter return, or you can begin saving money if your sale will increase your tax bill.
5. Stash away your proceeds in a money market fund. If you did not roll all of your equity from the sale of your Woodbridge Virginia house into your next house, roll those funds into a money market fund. Or perhaps you closed on your house, and you're in temporary housing, waiting for your next house to become available. Money market funds are safe, and you'll be less likely to spend your equity foolishly.
If you are just now thinking about selling your house in Woodbridge Virginia, you can get a list of homes in your neighborhood that have SOLD over the past six months when you text or call me at 703-677-1120.
You can also get a quick, no-hassle, no-pressure, over the phone estimate of your home's value in today's market when you call Erick Blackwelder at 703-677-1120.
Call or text Erick Blackwelder right now for help finding a home, or help selling your house.
Don't worry... Erick doesn't bite, and you won't get a sales pitch. Text or call Erick now at 703-677-1120 for a FREE consultation.
CLICK HERE NOW to search the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for homes for sale in and around Woodbridge, Lorton, and Mount Vernon.
Exit Realty Associates
8998C Lorton Station Blvd
Lorton, VA 22079
Equal Housing Opportunity
Click the link above to email a question to me or call me now at 703-677-1120.
Equal Housing opportunity.