Find Out About 10 Easy Home Upgrades You Can Give Your Home For Less Than $200.
1. Plant a tree. Trees soften the hard edges of your house, and make your lot appear larger. Plant a pin oak 30 feet from the south-west side of your home. Pin oaks are among the fastest growing trees, and planting it at the south-west side will cut your air conditioning bills in a few years when the tree grows large enough to block the sun.
2. Replace a bathroom sink and faucet. A sales associate at Home Depot or Lowes can give you instructions on how to connect your new faucet easy and fast.
3. Add attic insulation. More insulation will save energy, keep you warmer during winter and cooling in summer.
4. Install a closet organizer. There are inexpensive closet organizers that can effectively double your closet storage.
5. Install tile backsplash in the kitchen. A sales associate at Lowes or Home Depot can set you up with the tools and materials you will need to install a new backsplash under your kitchen cabinets. You can also add under-cabinet lighting that will give your kitchen a warm and cozy feel.
6. Get a storage shelf from Ikea to hold your books, or to hold decorative accessories. You can put the shelf together in less than an hour. You can add a lighting kit to your shelves to highlight your accessories.
7. Paint an accent wall a jewel tone. Our house in Westridge was painted light tan, with white enamel on the wood trim. I painted the back wall of my home office a jewel tone of purple, and it gave the room some POP that made it lively. Sounds kinda funky, but it worked.
8. Update your window treatments. If you have window treatments from the 80's or 90's, your windows need a face lift. A great way to get inspiration to give your windows some contemporary updates is visiting model homes. You'll see contemporary window treatments and find out how you can make them.
9. Update your lighting fixtures. If your exterior fixtures are more than ten years old, they are likely ready for an update. Brass is out, arts-and-crafts is in.
10. Replace your brass door hardware with brushed nickel or bronze hinges and door knobs. If you have a brass chandalier in the dining room, replace it with something more contemporary.
You can search for updated homes for sale and get ideas for your home on my website. CLICK HERE NEW for a search function that will show you updated homes and photos.
Call or text Erick Blackwelder right now for help finding a home, or help selling your house.
Don't worry... Erick doesn't bite, and you won't get a sales pitch. Text or call Erick now at 703-677-1120 for a FREE consultation.
CLICK HERE NOW to search the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for homes for sale in and around Woodbridge, Lorton, and Mount Vernon.
Exit Realty Associates
8998C Lorton Station Blvd
Lorton, VA 22079
Equal Housing Opportunity
Click the link above to email a question to me or call me now at 703-677-1120.
Equal Housing opportunity.